During the travel restrictions, we have been very busy planning the relaunch of our 2020/21 marketing campaign, the Treasure Trail.
We look forward to meeting with industry, both in person and virtually, during July as we launch our Treasure Trail Industry Toolkit and provide more information on how to leverage this campaign over the coming months.
Some highlights of the campaign:
- Rebranded tourism website, including interactive Trip Planning functionality and the release of QPTV video library
- The return of the Treasure Trail television, radio and print campaign that was briefly in-market in early March
- Spring Instagram promotion, to increase recognition and usage of hashtags amongst travellers and businesses
- Retail tourism campaign running in conjunction with the Shop & Win competition
- Increased partnerships with select influencers across our content pillars of Meet the Makers, the Great Outdoors and our Towns & Villages
- Refreshed image library with additional streetscapes and business profile shots
- Launch of a virtual market for local businesses that sell to a wider audience
- A dedicated Visit Queanbeyan-Palerang edition of Regional Lifestyle Magazine
- Continued content development for both traditional and new media
- New online portal for industry with training and information to assist participation in the Treasure Trail
We know that it’s a lot of bullet points, with not a lot of detail! Stay tuned – we’ll be in touch with all the relevant info during July.
And, in case you missed it, to coincide with the relaxation of travel restrictions, we released an ‘Open for Business’ video on June 1 featuring fourteen local businesses; we thank everyone who was able to participate at very short notice. The video reached over 20,000 people on Facebook, with 16,800 thruplays (viewers watching at least fifteen seconds of the video.) The video can be viewed here.
As always, we’re here to assist. Don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Program Coordinator Economic & Tourism
T: 0448 843 411
Web & Marketing Officer (Tourism)
T: 6285 6984