What is the Virtual Market?
The Virtual Market will assist to connect the business of Queanbeyan-Palerang with online shoppers, in response to the devastating bushfire season of 2019/20 and COVID-19 and the cancellation of QPRC’s Christmas in July annual markets. The Virtual Markets will be one way in which we assist our businesses build resilience as part of the recovery process.
The Virtual Markets will provide a directory of local businesses and makers who are able to offer online sales and home delivery of quality gifts and artisan products. Supporting these businesses and makers is endorsed by the QPRC Tourism Plan 2017-2025.
Successful applicants will be offered a listing including images, text and links through to their own digital channels. QPRC and the Virtual Market webpage will not have merchant facilities; product sales will be through the applicant’s own channels.
To be considered for a listing in the Virtual Market, an applicant must:
- Reside in, or operate a business that is primarily located within, the Queanbeyan-Palerang local government area.
- Have an online presence (website, online store or social media) that:
- shows images and descriptions of products available,
- offers the products for purchase online, by phone or email,
- offers delivery of purchased products throughout the ACT and New South Wales, and
- provides a phone number, online messaging and/or an email address for communication with shoppers.
- Applications are invited from businesses that offer products in the following categories:
- Arts and crafts, homeware, jewellery, apparel, gourmet pantry goods and drinks, handcrafted furniture and garden products. Other complementary categories may be considered at the time of application.
Applications will not be considered for inclusion where:
- The applicant’s products or brand are part of a party plan, commission-based, franchise or retail chain.
- The applicant has permanent retail premises that are located outside Queanbeyan-Palerang.
- The applicant does not offer products for sale by delivery or is delivering ready-to-consume meals.
- The applicant only provides a service and/or does not have products that can be purchased and delivered.
- Products are, or contain messaging that may be considered to be, discriminatory or offensive.
- The applicant’s brand or products contain words or images that relate to a geographic location outside of Queanbeyan-Palerang LGA.
QPRC has sole discretion as to whether an applicant is eligible for listing.
The Virtual Market webpage may be removed or amended at any time, without notice.
These listing guidelines may be altered at any time, without notice.
QPRC may remove a listing at any time, without notice.
QPRC has no obligation to promote an applicant’s designs, products or services.
QPRC is not liable for any loss, damage or claim arising from a listing on the Virtual Market.
An applicant may request changes, or the removal, of a listing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should allow 5 working days for changes to be processed.
The applicant must provide:
- At least five product or business shots that represent your online stall. QPRC has no obligation to use any, or all, of your images.
- Descriptive text as requested in the application form. QPRC may edit or rewrite the text to meet guidelines for publication on the website.
QPRC is not involved in the transactions between you and any buyers and will not be involved in any disputes regarding purchases, transactions or online reviews.
It is your responsibility to review your listing on the Virtual Market and request any appropriate changes to email@example.com.