The details of the second round of the Manufacturing Modernisation Fund are now available. The MMF supports transformation in small and medium manufacturing businesses through the provision of cofunded grants to assist transform manufacturing, support job growth and result in a more highly skilled workforce.
$50 million will be available for this grant opportunity from 2020-21 to 2022-23.
The second round of the MMF supports manufacturers by co-funding capital investments and associated reskilling to:
- adopt new technologies
- encourage innovation
- become more productive and competitive in the market and create more jobs.
The program aims to support SMEs through:
- investment in transformative manufacturing technology and processes
- jobs growth and a more highly skilled workforce in the manufacturing sector.
Round 2 will run over 3 years (2020-21 to 2022-23) and supports transformative investments in technologies and processes including:
- buying, constructing, installing or commissioning of manufacturing plant and equipment
- integrating production-related software that is directly related to your capital investment
- relevant training and skills development to assist you to integrate the new technology into your business, including upskilling and accreditation in advanced processes.
- process design and engineering directly related to your capital investment
- fit-out, alterations and/or extensions to buildings directly related to your capital investment.
The maximum project period is 2 years.
To register for updates on all grant opportunities relevant to your business or community group, please see the QPRC Grant Finder website.