QBN CBD Master Plan renewal
Throughout the renewal process for the Queanbeyan CBD Master Plan, QPRC is seeking to deliver an activated environment that supports and promotes a strengthened identity for the CBD, with priorities including:
- An identifiable heart
- A dynamic retail offer
- A significant cultural/civic precinct
- Lifestyle elements that attract city living, while supporting entertainment and amenity
- A vibrant night time economy
- A quality public realm, to connect people with the built environment, streetscapes, parklands and the river
Poplars Business Park
This ground-breaking business park is redefining innovation in Queanbeyan and Canberra. Poplars will provide organisations and businesses with the perfect environment to pioneer the next great ideas.
With the capacity to build the perfect space to support new technology and research, in a highly considered setting, this will address the region’s need for a new home for performance cultures and creative ventures.
The 30ha site provides a location for local, national and international businesses to establish a headquarters in close proximity to the nation’s decision makers. The development will also be complimented by a 10ha Retail and Services precinct.
Queanbeyan Civic & Cultural Precinct
Concept designs and the business case for the proposed Queanbeyan Civic and Cultural Precinct at 257 Crawford St are now available for the community to view and comment on. The development of the Queanbeyan Civic and Cultural Precinct is an important step in rejuvenating the Queanbeyan CBD.
More information available here.
Ellerton Drive Extension
The 4.6km Ellerton Drive Extension will provide an alternate route around the Central Business District, connecting east and west Queanbeyan to the new southern population growth areas. The road runs from the current end point of Ellerton Drive, through to the intersection of Old Cooma Road and Edwin Land Parkway in Karabar.
The project is a joint initiative of QPRC and the NSW Roads and Maritime Services.
- One lane in each direction with climbing lanes
- Bridge crossing over Queanbeyan River and Barracks Flat Drive
- Shared off-road cyclist and pedestrian pathway
- Provision of space for on-road cyclists
- Additional access points for Fairlane Estate
- Emergency egress for Greenleigh Estate at Lonergan Drive and the East Queanbeyan reservoir
- Stormwater drainage system, including pavement surface drainage
- Three fauna under-passes and three rope crossings
- Potential for a pedestrian undercrossing at Jumping Creek Estate
- Noise mitigation measures
- Edwin Land Parkway Intersection upgrade.