Canberra Business Chamber, ACT Government and Austrade (TradeStart) have partnered to deliver a cross border e-Commerce workshop, with Austrade’s Jack Lu, Senior Adviser, eCommerce, as a presenter.
Global Retail eCommerce sales reached USD 3.5 trillion in 2019, representing 13.7% of total retail sales. It is estimated that retail eCommerce sales will make up 20% of total retail sales in 2023. This presents a great opportunity for Australian exporters to consider exporting through online channels.
The workshop will cover:
- Global eCommerce overview
- Major online marketplaces
- The ecosystem, enablers and the difference between online and offline
- Logistic models
- Importance of digital marketing and social media
- Market opportunity – China and South East Asia
Tentative run sheet:
- 8:15 – Arrivals and sign-in
- 8:30 – Session 1
- 10:00 – Morning refreshments
- 10:30 – Session 2
- 12.00 – Workshop ends
Date And Time: Tue., 17 March 2020, 8:30 am – 12:00 pm AEDT
Location: Canberra Business Chamber, 243 Northbourne Avenue, Level 3, Lyneham, 2602 ACT
There is no cost to attend the seminar.