The COVID-19 outbreak is impacting businesses across the globe. Some issues that businesses are experiencing include significantly reduced trade, temporary business closures, staffing issues, and supply chain interruptions. Organisations and employers who are responsible for a workplace or venue should be taking actions now to reduce the risk of transmission of the coronavirus and prepare for the potential of a shut down or isolation period. See below for links to some key information sources that will provide you with tips and resources to help you manage your business during the crisis.
Businesses should start with this comprehensive business.gov.au portal.
Other resources include:
- The NSW Department of Health Resources – incl. health FAQs, industry-specific fact sheets & workplace signage templates
- Safe Work NSW – Advice and guidance for NSW workplaces
- Fair Work Ombudsman – Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws
- NSW Small Business Commissioner – COVID-19 FAQ information for small business owners
- Round-up on COVID-19 Incentives
There are a range of tools available online for business to plan their approach in navigating through this challenging time, including CPA Australia’s detailed COVID-19 checklist for small businesses.